Indus Space Virtual Events Code of Conduct
We, at Indus Space, are committed to hosting programs that are diverse, inclusive, safe, and free from discrimination, regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, transgender status, age, disability, or any other classification protected by law.
We are committed to providing a safe, productive, and welcoming environment for all virtual participants. All participants, including, but not limited to, attendees, speakers, volunteers, industry partners, Indus Space staff, partner organizations, and all others are expected to abide by this Virtual Programs Code of Conduct. This Policy applies to all Indus Space hosted events on public or private platforms.
For attending an Indus Space event, participants must abide by the following policy:
- Be considerate, respectful, and collaborative.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory or harassing behavior and speech (both verbal and written).
- Alert event organizers if you notice any behavior that is not aligned with this code of conduct by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and mention the event name in the subject line.
Unacceptable behaviors may include but are not limited to:
- Harassment and discrimination includes any verbal, physical, or visual conduct based on sex, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, transgender status, race, age, national origin, disability. Inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images; deliberate intimidation, stalking or following; harassing, photography or recording; sustained disruption of sessions, talks or other events; inappropriate physical contact, and any unwelcome sexual attention.
- Any boisterous, lewd or offensive behavior or language, using sexually explicit or offensive language or conduct, profanity, obscene gestures, or racial, religious or ethnic slurs.
- Wearing clothing in video or photos that is not suitable for a professional work environment, that is provocative, inappropriate or otherwise potentially offensive.
- Failure to obey any of the rules or regulations of the event or instructions of the event staff.
- Sharing your event login credentials with other individuals.
- Participants should not copy or take screen shots of Q&A or any chat room activity that takes place in the virtual space.
- The recording or transmissions of any education sessions, presentations, demos, videos, or content in any format is strictly prohibited.
- Disruption of presentations during sessions or breakout rooms during any virtual event and/or meeting.
- Presentations, postings, and messages should not contain promotional materials, special offers, job offers, product announcements, or solicitation for services. Indus Space reserves the right to remove such messages and potentially ban sources of those solicitations.
- Any direct selling of products/services offered by speakers, industry partners, or consultants in any public area of the virtual platform is prohibited. Many of the engagement conversations are based around knowledge and expertise and are not categorized a direct sales pitch. Selling must be conducted during mutually agreed upon private video, audio or text conversations.
Consequences of Unacceptable Behavior
Unacceptable behavior will not be tolerated. Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately. If a participant engages in unacceptable behavior, the event organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including expulsion from the event without warning or refund and if appropriate involvement of local law enforcement. Breaches of this Code of Conduct can also result in disqualification from participating in future events.
How to report Unacceptable Behavior or Suspicious Person/Behavior.
If you experience or witness a life safety emergency, please contact your local authorities, in North America dial 911, immediately.
If you have a complaint or concern about harassment, discrimination, bullying or any other conduct that violates the Indus Space Code of Conduct, we encourage you to contact us immediately. If you witness this happening to someone else, please report that, too. You may request that your report remain completely confidential.
Contact via email: email@example.com
The Code of Conduct may be revised at any time by Indus Space and the terms are non-negotiable. This Code of Conduct is without prejudice to Indus Space’s rights, all of which it expressly reserves.
Together, we can ensure Indus Space provides safe and welcoming experiences.